Active Signal Technologies
Line of Work:
Electromechanical design, prototyping, and light manufacturing
First Year of Operation: 1996
611 N Hammonds Ferry Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090, United States - Suite Q
Active Signal Technologies was founded in 1996 by the core members of the advanced sensor and solid state actuator group at Lockheed Martin's corporate lab in Baltimore Maryland, U.S.A. Active Signal Technologies performs cutting edge research and development into devices and systems based on piezoelectric, magnetostrictive, and electrostrictive materials as well as novel electromagnetic actuation technologies.
Several devices have been developed using "smart materials" and associated technologies:
• The Brain Acoustic Monitor (BAM), a device to assess traumatic brain injury based on acoustic characterization of cerebral perfusion.
• A noise immune stethoscope designed for use in background noise exceeding 105dBA.
• High frequency (above 1kHz) hydraulic valves and a solid state pump employing smart material actuators for next generation aircraft flight controls.
• High temperature capacitors made from novel dielectric ceramics with permittivity in the range of 1000 to 2000 from -50°C to +250°C.
• Broad band graphite composite under-water communications transducers (WQC-6) used on Trident submarines.
• Linear compliant electromagnetic actuators.